Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Alchemist Motif

I believe that Paulo Coelho, the author of The Alchemist, (I would have underlined the title but I can't find the underline button) used motif so heavily because without it, the book wouldn't make any sense. The Alchemist talks about personal legends, omens and quite a bit of motif all throughout the book. I believe that Paulo used Motif so strongly is to teach a lesson. The main character of this book learns that fighting for your dream is worth every second of it. You can also learn many things fromt he expierence.

The main character travels all around the sahara dessert seeking to find his personal treasure, or fantasy. Omens are another huge motif in the book, it plays a key role in the main characters fate. I belive that this book is for students around highschool because most students don't know what there going to do in their life. You would spend all four years of your highschool life, not giving a damn about your future. So motif shows that you should go for anything that you want, no matter how stupid it sounds.




I know this is terrible. Oh and Mrs. Gilman, sorry for the vulgar language at the end, I thought it would give the post alot more tinkle to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment